Sunday, October 15, 2017

At sea heading back to Scotland

Day 10  At Sea   Wednesday, Sept 20, 2017

I did not take any photos during our day at sea. This is a random shot taken while we ate dinner at Jasmine Garden, the Jade's Asian restaurant. We actually ate there several times for dinner because the main dining rooms had too long a wait time. The menu at Jasmine Garden didn't change, so we just kept ordering different dishes, including from their sushi menu. We imagined the sushi would be an appetizer, but it would always arrive at the end, so it was dessert.

On the sea days, I would ride the stationary bike in the fitness room. Several times I sneaked out to do my exercise while Janet was still sleeping. When I was done, I would get coffee in our thermos and then return to our room, usually just as Janet was awakening and ready for her morning coffee!

After a leisurely morning in the cabin, the only breakfast option was O'Sheehan's Pub (the dining rooms and buffet were already closed). The rest of the day, we read in the Spinnaker Lounge on deck 13, and I uploaded and edited my photos. Late lunch. Extended happy hour. The theater show at 7:30 pm. Late dinner. Listening to our evening music, either Randon or Awesome Twosome. The life of luxury!

Our route from Akureyri took us northeast over the top of Iceland, touching the Arctic Circle, and then south along the east coast of Iceland.  According to the route map they show us, we were going to pass just to the west of the Faroe Islands. During our day at sea, I kept looking toward the east to see if I could see anything out there, but I never did. 
 Almost every night, our steward would leave a towel sculpture on our bed. I took photos only a couple of times, and here's one. It's another cruise tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment